Today I want to share about registering your maps (raster file) in MapInfo Professional 10.5. The steps are:
- Open the raster file
- Click “Register”
- See the map, it contain coordinate or not? If not open maps.google.com or Bingmao on your browser
- Find random place, and right-click->What’s Here (in GoogleMaps) so you can find the coordinate of that point
- Open MapInfo again, click ‘Add’ and clik at the same point as in the Gmaps.
- Copy the coordinate on the Gmaps (-6.898948,107.575844) the data on the left was Latitude, and in the right is Longitude
- Copy the coordinate to MapInfo. (Latitude on Map Y, Longitude on Map X)
- Make 3 different point, don’t to close each other.
- Make sure, the Errors is “0” (zero) or nearly zero
- Choose the Projection (I use Latitude/Longitude (WGS84))
- Click ‘Ok’